Friday, March 20, 2009

Beach Baby


Wouldn't it be wonderful to be at the beach today...or for the weekend? I wish! It is cold and rainy here in Seattle and more snow is forcasted. Bleh.

Well, it's a good thing then that this month's Sisterhood of the Traveling Cards theme is 'Vacation' because it is helping us all dream of warmer climates and fun times to come (or fun times remembered)! And I couldn't think of a better swap to use my very first Rachelle Anne Miller stamp for! Yay! This cutie beach baby Lily was given to me by my dear friend, Mary and I adore the stamp, but not nearly as much as I adore Ms. Mary!!
For this card I really wanted to use this water background and so I wavered back and forth as to whether I would cut out the image or leave it with a white background. In the end I chose to show more of the water.
Thanks for stopping by and Have a wonderfully warm weekend (some of us may have to get creative in ways to stay warm *wink*--that was for Mary!!)

Deets:
Stamps:
Stampavie, Rachelle Anne Miller, Lily-A Day at the Beach; Misc $1 sentiment stamp
Paper: Anna Griffin DP, Brocade Blue, Brilliant Blue, Bashful Blue, Old Olive
Ink: SU! Inks and Watercolor pen, Black Stazon
Embies: Celery yarn, Jolee Seashell, Navy thread

8 comments:

Sandra MacLean said...

Miss Mary has the best stamps, doesn't she?! :D This is a wayyy cute card and I'm loving her chubby legs...looks like Syd in her swimsuit! hehehe

Catherine said...

Supah cute, Kadie! Like the waves, love the floral DP! And who could resist those freckles?!?! I really like how you attached the shell - nifty! ;)

Mary Giles said...

Oh Kadie! She is soooo cute. Reminds me of my little Olivia in her molded plastic pool. Love the colors and the layout. The shell is a great touch.

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is SOOOO adorable! I love this stamp, too ;) LOVE what you did w/ the water rectangle in the background..this is awesome!

MiamiKel said...

How adorable! So cute and fun! I hope I get one of these!! Reminds me of my girls when they were baby girls :*)

Amy Sheffer said...

This is so adorable, Kadie! Great DPs!

Lorie said...

This is wonderful, Kadie! That's such a cute stamp, and the background paper is perfect! Makes me want to go to the beach!

Anonymous said...

What a perfect card for the theme and I had a swim suit that looked just like that when I was little - LOL... What a flash back :)