Thursday, July 15, 2010

Digi Try This


Hi Friends and welcome to another Farm Fresh Friday Challenge!
This week it's a two-fold challenge. The first part is to use a TGF digi stamp and the second part is to incorporate a new technique you've been wanting to try or have recently gotten into.

I recently went to a Copic Certification class and while I was there I got to play with the air brush kit. Of course I got hooked and had to pick one up! So, this is my first attempt at using the Copic airbrush system on my own! AND since I only had a couple markers that weren't Ciaos (the airbrush system is made to fit sketch and originals best) I knew that I was going to do a little sky and earth background.
To go along with my scene, I chose to use one of the new Chibi's from around the world--Chibi Africa! I paired her airbrushed background with some Bo Bunny paper, a big prima flower and WASHI tape, to add that extra something something...and voila! I hope you think it's cute and I also hope that you'll play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and don't forget to check out what the rest of The Greeting Farm's DT has been up to! AND while you're doing that you can get all the details about what's going to be happening VERY SOON over at TGF!!

Okay, I just can't contain my excitement, so I'll give you a little hint...We're almost at the 2 year anniversary mark since Marie opened her store and shared Anya, Ian and all our favorite Critters, Creepers and Cuties with the world! And to help her celebrate, the design team and YOU are going to have a blast and cover blogland with all things The Greeting Farm...by participating in the second TGF CUSTOMER BLOG HOP!! Are you excited yet?? Head on over to TGF blog to check out all the details and sign up for this momentous hop!!

11 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh I love this FABULOUS!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just darling!

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Kadie. Such a beautiful bright card. Love that image and the design is very effective. Love it. Happy crafting.
Love Sandra xxx

Heather Schlatter said...

Kadie,

You really did a great job on this technique I love the air brushing and I love how you colored the image!!!!

Great colors together too just way to cute!!

Heather

Lorie said...

WOW! The airbrushing is great!! Is that a die cut background or part of the paper? Either way, it's great, and I love your stitching detail, and your gorgeous coloring!

Kim said...

The airbrushing looks amazing on your stunning card! As always, your choice of card stock matches so perfectly with the stamp, wow!

Catherine said...

Congrats on getting certified, Kadie. Isn't the airbrush the best thing since sliced bread? LOL. That was my fave part of class.
Super cute card, sweetie. Hope you have a great weekend.

Cheryl Walker said...

Super cute!!!

Hope you have a lovely weekend hun!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Jessica Diedrich said...

Oooooh Airbrushing! HOW fun! She is so adorable, Kadie-love the way you colored her up and she looks so happy :)

*Susan* said...

Oh Kadie your Chibi Africa card is beautiful! I love the bright but warm colors you chose, and how you pleated the washi tape. The airbrush technique looks great, and the stitched details around the scallops are wonderful. Just gorgeous! {hug}

Tasha said...

This is beautiful, i really love the colours and the gorgeous colourwork. The airbrushing is so cool
love tasha xx