Tuesday, August 17, 2010

You're Just Right


Hi There!
It's a very fine Tuesday here in Seattle. The weather predictors are predicting that it will start to cool down today! This makes me sooooo happy. While it hasn't been in the 100's like other places...in the high 80's and 90's often feels like the 100's to us Seattlites who aren't used to the heat. Heehee.

Speaking of heat, today I have a fire-breathing MONSTER for you!! No cause for alarm though, because this little Baby Trick or Treat Dragon from the Sweet November line at All that Scraps, is just playing dress up! He has found some REAL LIFE dino friends along the way though! Baby Trick or Treat Dragon is just one of several adorable new Halloween stamps available in this line by artist Amy Young. His little dino friends are from The Greeting Farm's Oliver & Amelia Happy Day set and the paper is a combo from Cosmo Cricket's Matilda and Pixie-licious collections! I added little touches here and there using the Martha Stewart grass edge punch, Nestabilities die cuts, Sassafras Buttons and my hand stitching. OH and the sentiment is one that was included in with the Kraftin' Kimmie Goldilocks stamp! All of the sweet stamps on this card were colored with Copic markers AND the super fun layout is a CASE of this card that my sweet friend, Sandra gifted to me!

As always, thanks SO MUCH for stopping by today! I hope you have a great one!

17 comments:

Tasha said...

Wow this is so cute Kadie, loving the layout and the fab papers. Such a cute design
love tasha xx

Imke said...

Kadie, this is so cute ! I like the green suit(?). Really great !

Danni said...

So very adorable!! Love it!
I didn't realize you were in Seattle! I'll be moving to Fort Lewis early next year! Fun!

WickedPixie said...

Kadie, this is absolutely adorable! I love the dinosaurs with him and how the grass punch looks like dragon flame!! :-)Traci

Cindy Haffner said...

SWEET and so CUTE!!

♥Rach♥ said...

How CUTE!!!! Totally love it, the dinosaurs are a perfect idea, which I am totally going to steal one day (while crediting your brilliance of course), love it :0) It's funny, I was just telling my friend that the dragon boy would make a great boy's bday card.

Lorie said...

Kadie, I can't tell you how much I love this card!! When my boys were little I made them a Halloween Costume just like this. Actually I made Trevor's in August, because when our town celebrated their Fall Festival, I put him in the parade wearing his monster costume and carrying a sign that said "This Little Monster Loves the Fall Festival". I think he was about 18 months old at the time. Thanks for bringing back that sweet memory with your adorable card!

Love ya,
Lorie

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

OoOoOOOOOH he is ADORABLE! Ever since my son could walk he has been dressing as dragons, super heros ... you name it, he has been it! lol. I love the little dinos too. :) and the fire breathing comment... I think that dragon has been too close to my house today. Sheesh it has been HOT!!!!

Hope you are having a blessed week.

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just adorable!

Shelly said...

Terrific embellishments and papers. Your card is fabulous!

karen said...

Oh my gosh, this is so cute !!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Awww, he's so precious! Love this lil Dino! Great mix of papers! and awesome coloring :)
hugs, margie

MiamiKel said...

Oh my goodness how darling is this! What a sweet, sweet post in every way - love the special touches of your card, but mostly the bright, vivid colors just jump right out! What a cutie! You are rockin' the different stamps on your blog lately - and we're loving the treats of each one! Hugs to you my talented friend! x0x0

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is AMAZINGly adorable! LOVE your coloring and those papers are perfect for this card. You are so talented, girlie!

Leanne said...

Hi Kadie!
Super cute and I love how you used the Oliver dinos to pair up with the SW dino. Cute!!

Judy McMullen said...

Oh my, Kadie, this is so adorable! I love how you put colors and patterns together and always so much detail! And I marvel at your hand stitching!! Love this too cute image! Great card, my friend!!!

Mary Giles said...

Oooh this is soooo cute! I love the layout and the papers are fperfect. Great use of the dinos and buttons.