Friday, February 4, 2011

Butterfly Swirls


Hello, Friends! Happy Friday!
I've been hearing all over the news about SNOW SNOW and more SNOW! I hope all of you who are seeing a blanket (or several blankets) of white cover your home, are staying warm and safe. You're in my thoughts!
We haven't had snow this week in Seattle, but we had massive WIND last night. It was crazy--I can hear the Wizard of Oz tornado song in my head right now! haha

I have another card for you today! And maybe with all this weather going on, I was just in the mood for something bright and cheery! Actually, I made this card for a dear friend of mine, who just celebrated a birthday, and she most certainly is a Bright and Cheerful light in my life. :)

For this card I've used a John Grutta image called Butterfly Swirls, that's available in digi form at Claudia and Company. Last time I used this image, I decided to go with paper piecing. But this time the patterned paper I wanted to use was so rich in color, I chose to try and use my Copics to match and highlight that paper. I also cropped the image a bit---there's so much you can do!

Thanks for popping by! Oh, before I go, I wanted to let you know about something super FUN that's going to be taking place at Claudia and Company--we are going to be having the first ever Customer Blog Hop on Feb 25 and we'd love for YOU to join in the fun! Check out all the details HERE.
Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Kadie, your card is stunning! I love the bold colors and the butterflies are awesome!

Imke said...

WOW, these colors are fantastic and i like how you added the ribbon ! Very pretty card.

~Paola~ said...

wowzerrr...
this card is stuning my friend, as are all the others before this...
U are an incredible creative paper artist! :o) *hugs*