Thursday, October 13, 2011

Ready, Set, Glow!



(click for clearer view)

Hello, There!
Happy Thursday to You!
I LOVE Thursdays! It's the day that I get to share another fun Deconstructed Sketch with you!
We're on Sketch 23 now and Jen has given us another FANTASTIC one! I think I will definitely have to use this one again, because it's absolutely FAB-ulous and lends itself to so many different styles of stamps!
For my card I've used a VERY special stamp! This is Jack O Light, from the BRAND NEW Country Bumpkins Stamp line over at Peachy Keen Stamps. Not only is this stamp special because it's the first ever CBS I've gotten to play with, but it's special most of all, because one of my dearest friends, Lorie Souther is the artist!! She's SUCH an incredibly talented card maker and now stamp designer too! I'm so proud of Lorie and excited for her on this new journey.

For my Jack O Light card, I actually used two of the four sentiments. The first is the "ready.set.glow" and the second is the phrasing I used as a background stamp for the pumpkin. The papers for this card are from Fancy Pants Oct. 31 and the buttons are Basic Grey. And if you want two challenges in one, I've also entered this in the ABC challenge for this month, to use Pumpkins!

Be sure and check out all the AMAZING creations that the rest of the Sketch Girls have for you today and I hope you'll play along with us this week!! You'll be able to find all the DT samples in a special Sunday post on Jen's blog, but until then, have fun hopping around today to the list below!

Oh, and one more thing!! Do you love sketches? Would you like to be a guest designer for The Deconstructed Sketch? Jen is holding a contest using this week's sketch to find a VERY SPECIAL designer to guest with us from November 3, 2011 to January 26, 2012. That's THREE months designing with the Deconstructed Sketch Girls! If you are interested all you need to do is make a card using this week's sketch and add your card to InLinkz on Jen's blog by October 19, 2011 at 8 pm CST and add GUEST to the end of your name when linking up. If you are selected Jen will contact you regarding the specific duties for the three month term.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Amber Hight
Angela Sowell
Anna Maria Nilsson
Arielle Gordon
Donna Wardle
Jen Shults
Jessica Diedrich
Kadie Ensley
Lori Boyd
Pam Varnell
Sheri Gilson

4 comments:

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

Gorgeous. The pumpkin on the text backdrop is so sweet. This is such a fun sketch, I can't wait to give it a try. Wonderful job!

Jen Shults said...

This is so cute Kadie! She's adorable!!! I really like your papers and your card is just amazing! Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Kadie! It's so complex but looks so simple (if that makes sense - LOL). It's definitely wonderful! You always inspire me :)

Katja said...

Adorable card! Like the colors and the papers.
Hugs Katja