Thursday, October 18, 2012

First Flight





Hello, Friends!
I'm glad you stopped by today, because it's Deconstructed Sketch time! Get ready for another FAB week and this week's sketch #74.
I couldn't resist giving this sketch the ole flip-a-roo again! For my card I chose to work with this stamp from A Day For Daisies called First Flight. I think that is such a perfect name for this image that I decided not to include a sentiment on my card. If you know me, you know I'm not very big on Halloween, mostly because of all the creepy and scary elements that people have embraced. But I am a fan of the Harry Potter books, so maybe these two witchy-poos aren't headed off to cause trouble, but instead is a big Sis teaching a little Sis to fly before she heads off to her first year at Hogwarts. :)
I've paired this stamp with papers from Basic Grey Eerie and Echo Park Paper Chillingsworth and buttons from Kaisercraft.

I hope that you will join us for sketch 74! Be sure to visit all the Sketch Girls to see how they've used this week's sketch! Have a great day!

Amber Hight
Amy Sheffer
Arielle Gordon
Cresta Woodruff-Guest Designer
Donna Wardle
Jen Shults
Kadie Ensley
Lori Boyd
Sheri Gilson
Tracey Pickersgill

10 comments:

April said...

Loving this! I saw the sketch on FB and I know what I want to create....hope it comes out as beautiful as yours! The witches are gorgeous!

Crestajune said...

Great card, Kadie! I love how you flipped the sketch and made it look completely different! So fun. Your little witches are so adorable and colored so beautifully.
P.S. Didn't know till your comment last week that you are from WA too! Yay! =)

Ana Carolina Little said...

Kadie, beautiful card!!!. I love those witches, that stamp is adorable, really like it!!! Great layout as well.

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! Wonderful card, Kadie! Turning the sketch worked perfectly with this darling image. And, as usual, your coloring is stunning! And again your pairing of designer papers is superb! HUGS!

Unknown said...

Holy Moly girl your colouring is AMAZING and this image is soooooo sweet!! I LOVE it and your gorgeous card!! Xx

:: BlueInks :: said...

Such a cute image and you colored it perfectly. I am in love with that flower you created with the button. Super-d-duper FAB!

dpkennedy said...

This image is so sweet! I love how you colored it, it has such a warm and vintage feel to it. Love the papers and the turned sketch too! Just fabulous!

Amy Sheffer said...

Soooo fabulous!! Every little detail! Love that image and your amazing coloring!

MiamiKel said...

Oh this is just darling - it instantly reminded me of my daughter's old cartoon video she would watch over and over called "Kiki's Delivery Service" with a teenage witch :) Love the shading and the coloring is amazing!!

Blessings!

Mary Giles said...

Kadie this is fabulous! I love the vintage feel of the image and the way you colored it is perfect. Great use of the sketch as well!