Monday, April 15, 2013

April Duel


Hi Friends!

It's that time again for our monthly Duel in the Dueling Darlings card group!

This month the Divas were hosted by Tami and the Dazzlers were hosted by Darlene. Tami sent us a kit chalked full of so many goodies, it was very hard for me to make up my mind which way to go with my card.
I finally settled on what you see before you, but I assure you I will put the rest of the goodies to use in the near future (thank you, Tami)!

The gorgeous sunflower image is from Delta Creative and the papers are from Bo Bunny, Simple Stories and Doodlebug. The ribbons are from Offray and Craftsmart.

We were also asked to share our favorite flower and this is hard for me because I LOVE LOVE flowers and have a few favorites. My absolute two favorite flowers are Tulips and Lilacs and without question, I will always gravitate toward them in any capacity. But I also love peonies, roses, hydrangeas, hyacinths, gerber daisies, dahlias, lavender, sunflowers and the list goes on. I'm so thankful God decided to create flowers, because they brighten even the darkest day.

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday. Please check out what my fellow Darlings have created for you today!
DIVAS
Kelly
Carol
Barb
LJ
Judy
Kadie (me)
Tami

DAZZLERS
Melina
Debbie
Terry
Paola
April
Darlene
Jeanette

12 comments:

:: BlueInks :: said...

Oh, oh, oh!!!! I love how you put that button in the center of the flower. I am so button challenged! LOL

Your flower is colored so pretty and looks great in how you die cut it and had the edges go over.

You used a lot of the kit in a very creative way without looking like too much. {heart} it!

~Paola~ said...

HOLEEEEE HANNAHHHH KADIE!!
I swear the flower could jump out of the screen! It is soooo vibrant and absolutly realistic....but then I know how well and precise you do color!!Loveee the gorgeous ,rich designer papers used here and your
savoir faire with both the ribbons and the button as the flower's crown! *awesomeeee my friend!!* ♥♥

Barb said...

I love your card Kadie--and I too think that flower will jump right off of the screen. Great use of all of the wonderful papers that Tami sent.

Great list of flowers too!

I am so glad we are both members of this wonderful group of ladies!

Melina said...

Oh my how pretty! I love the flower and how you used the papers she sent! Great card :)

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW!!! Kadie, I love sunflowers - I was born in Kansas, so of course I SHOULD love sunflowers! Your coloring of this sunflower image knocked my socks off! Love it! And your card is gorgeous!

So glad you're one of the Dueling Darlings!

Judy McMullen said...

Kadie, your card is gorgeous! As both Paola and Barb have commented your sunflower just pops right off the card...so beautifully colored and I love the way you framed it with the leaves cut "out of the box"! Love the panels of dsp, the beautiful ribbon treatment and the use of the buttons and bling! Love it all!!!

April said...

Your coloring is right on, my friend. Like those before me said, the sunflower could be real!
I love the ribbon too....layered up and topped of the that button!

Fabulous job with this kit!

Terry Ladwig said...

I love the way you die cut and showcased the image! Your coloring as usual is perfect too!

Love the layout and how you used the papers and the ribbons from your kit!

Great job Kadie! So glad you are a Diva!

Liz Williams said...

Love your beautiful sunflower.

MiamiKel said...

SUPER card in every way ! I feel like mere words cannot even begin to give you credit for your gorgeous coloring - love the elegance this beholds!

So happy that you are BLOOMING this month with the DDD! xoxo

Carol W said...

wowzers Kadiebug, what an amazing card. I love how you used the nestie to frame your beautiful flower and the button for the center...perfect...Great use of the dsp in the layout on the front as well....great job on this challenge...♥

Darlene said...

What a warm and sunny card you have created here, Kadie! I love the beautiful tones on the sunflower image, and the button center is so fun! The papers are perfect with it and the die cutting and special cutting to have the leaves overhang the edges is really special.

...And I'm with you about LOVING flowers, truly one of God's best blessings to us!