Monday, March 31, 2014

Chalkboard Technique


Hi Friends!
Happy Monday!

I'm back with today's challenge #244 over at The Pink Elephant and this week it's time for a TECHNIQUE CHALLENGE. All you have to do is create a card or project using the chalkboard technique and submit it to the link on the TPE BLOG.

This was the first time I have tried this technique and I really like it! There's a couple different ways you can do it, but I chose to use white emboss powder for my stamp and for the "chalk" on my black cardstock "board."

Thank you so much for popping by! Be sure to check out the inspiration from all of Ella's Girls over at TPE! Hope you'll join us!

5 comments:

Lori Turner said...

Kadie, this is gorgeous!! I am gonna have to try this technique again and do some embossing - the white is so crisp and bright! AWESOME!

MiamiKel said...

Splendid! For your first attempt, this came out beautiful! I just looked at this stamp up on my shelf the other day :*) Your card brings back memories of being 'chosen' to dust out the chalk board erasers for the teacher, hee hee! thank goodness for advances and smart boards! ♥

:: BlueInks :: said...

To the head of the class! Great card. Your technique turned out perfect and you know I love me a fatty ribbon!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Kadie, this is such a pretty card. Love the verse!

Carol W said...

Oh Kadiebug, I love this card and the sentiment. You have highlighted the sentiment so perfectly...great job my sweet friend... hugs...♥♥♥