Monday, July 6, 2009

Gone Fishin


I have something totally fun for you today!! A couple friends and I decided to get together (virtually) once a month and create a card using the same elements! This is our first go at it. I know that mine is pretty simple and will probably pale in comparison to the card masters that Sandra and Mary are, but I had fun making it! Perhaps this Chickie was on his way out to go fishing, but since there is an absence of fish in the image, I immediately thought of "missing you" as the sentiment. Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you have a great week!

14 comments:

Sandra MacLean said...

This is soooo not simple Kadie! It's awesome! I LOVE the panels and the stitching on them! I didn't even think to sew on this card since it was so 'manly' and all! LOL This was FUN wasn't it?! I can't wait to do another. :)

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Oh my gosh... how fun to find my fishing chicken as part of your challenge!! Your card is delightful!!!

karen said...

Awesome Kadie!
I love the stitching! What a fun idea!!!!

XOXO

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Kadie,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Yvette said...

How cute!!! I love this chicken!!!

Lorie said...

Your card turned out FINTASTIC, too, Kadie! What a fun challenge.

Lauri said...

What a great challenge! I love how you designed the card and colored the image! I love Anna's chickens!

Judy McMullen said...

Kadie, what a darling card! Love what you 3 sistahs are doing. You gals rock! Beautifully crafted!!!

Mary Giles said...

Oh Kadie I love it! I really love how you did the rounded corner punches and the stitching is such a nice detail. As always...the layout master. This was sooo much fun. Mine is so simple and pales compared to yours and Sandra's. Can't wait or the next one.

Donnas Den said...

This is a great card, Kadie. I think it was a wonderful idea to do a kit swap. I might have to try and organise something similar.

Donna

Elena said...

Absolutely adorable! And coloring is fantastic, Kadie! What a great virtual challenge!

Sparkplug17 said...

What a cute card!

*Susan* said...

What an adorable card Kadie! Love the coloring and details, and your sentiment wit is great!! What a fun challenge for you gals to do and share with us! {HUGS}

Elaine said...

Fantastic, Kadie! I love it!