Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I Like You


Helloooooooo!
I was totally looking for a stamp that said "I like you" for this card because I figured our little Edward here was trying to get up the nerve to ask Annika to go see the new Harry Potter movie or something. But then I discovered I could combine a couple of the sentiments from Pretty Hat...so instead, Edward is approaching Annika, hands in pocket, a little nervous and in a shy voice proclaiming "you're pretty." Ahhhhhh school days and crushes!! Hope you like this card. Eventually Annika will have a jewel on her barrett, but alas, I noticed this morning that I forgot it! Derrrrr.
Have a great day!

Deets:
Stamps: The Greeting Farm Wild Sprouts Edward and Annika, Pretty Hat-sentiment, SU! Frames with a Flourish
Paper: Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday, Bermuda Bay, Pink Pirouette
Ink: Soft Suede, Bermuda Bay, Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Copics, Not quite Navy, Momento Black
Emibes: SU! Scalloped Punch, Cuttlebug Hearts Emboss Folder, SU! Bermuda Bay Ribbon, Teal Thread

16 comments:

karen said...

hehe.. this is adorable Kadie!

Danni said...

This made me giggle! How clever!

Mary Giles said...

This is sooo sweet! I love all the layers and colors you have going on. Fabulous card Kadie!

Sparkplug17 said...

What a darling card! My boss's husband actually said that to her the first time he met her, lol. He just came up to her and said, You're pretty. :)

joni h said...

I found you thru the TGF blog and love your work! Very cute card!

Jacilynn said...

super cute! and I love your explanation.Love it!

WickedPixie said...

Kadie, this is SO cute! It just perfectly captures that scene - I knew what was going on here before you explained! And it looks wonderful! :-) Traci

Lisa F said...

This is SO cute! Love it!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Kadie,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Chrissy's Creations said...

Oh my gosh, talk about cute!!! I can hear the You're pretty in my head. lol

Sandra MacLean said...

Awwww! This is just the sweetest card Kadie! :D I love how they look like they're on the verge of going steady. Too adorable!

Maria said...

Awwww, Annika and Edward makes such a cute couple! Such a cute card, Kadie! Awesome job on your coloring. . .and I love the layout! This would be a perfect card for a teenager. . .especially, a new couple!!

Maria

Elena said...

Oh, I love the cute little story about this card! And I like the card too!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Ummmm this is INSANELY cute!!! WOW WOW WOW love it and how clever of you! They look perfect together! Beautiful Kadie!

Judy McMullen said...

Oh, so darn cute! Love it and love those TGF images!!!

MiamiKel said...

Gah ....... superb! So bright and colorful - so happy to see you using bright, bold colors since we met - you have grown into such a beautiful and talented designer!! *Hugs!