Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Little Green Creatures


Hello Friends!
I wish I had a fun story or two to tell today, but alas, I am lacking in tales...so instead I'll just jump right into the card! :)
The theme for our monthly swap group (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Cards) in March was to make a card using a little green creature. Such a very cute and fun theme, hosted by our Sweet Susan2 (as we affectionately call her because we have more than one Susan)! So, I dug through my stamps and found this adorable froggie from TGF's 'Down by the Pond set'. This set holds a very special place in my heart because it is from the very first month I started as a Gardener at The Greeting Farm!
I decided to do a pretty simple card in order to make Mr. Froggie the focus, but I also wanted to use bright and bold colors to make sure the sentiment truly fit and he was indeed bringing a happy, SMILEY greeting!
I can't wait to see all the other little green creatures that our group came up with! Frogs and Crocs and Dragons--Oh My!
Hope you have a Wonderful day!

16 comments:

dweatter said...

Oh Kadie he is so bright and fun!!!!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Kadie, I love your bright and cheerful froggie card!

Gael said...

Very cute! That dp is pretty cool. Your little frog certainly is smiley!

MiamiKel said...

Awwww! If anyone could make a froggie look cute, it would be you! :) I still love this set, too - wish I could have played along this month ~ this is the cutest! x0x0

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just adorable!

Kelly Massman said...

Love that fun frog and the paper you used!!!!

karen said...

OH GOSH! KADIEEEEE
I love it!
Its soooo cute! I love it I love it I love it!!!!!!!!

Lorie said...

Very, very cute, and I hope one of these lands in my mailbox! That wouldn't upset me one bit!! Love the papers, and ribbon/cord. Just fabulous!!

Love ya,
Lorie

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

This just SCREAMS *~CUTENESS~*
I LOVE the papers and the cute image. adorable all around!

Catherine said...

Oh, I hope I get one of these cuties! Awesome job, Kadie. He's just the cutest froggie ever and I love the fish paper. So fun!

Sandra MacLean said...

Kadie, this is soooo stinking cute!! I LOVE that paper and I bet the Sistahood will too. :)

Mary Giles said...

Kadie this is sooo much fun. I love your froggie card. He looks so at home on that fun paper that looks like fish swimming. Maybe I will find one in my batch of cards.

Ciacchina said...

le tue card sono molto allegre e colorate! mi danno gioia
complimenti!

JUST HAPPY (Kseniya) said...

яркие, необычные открытки!!!

Karla Anderson said...

This is adorable - i love the frog.

Sue from Oregon said...

this frog is soooooooo darn cute!