Thursday, April 8, 2010

My Buddy

"My Buddy, My Buddy...wherever I go, he goes. My Buddy, My Buddy...my buddy and Me!"

Good Morning, Friends! Happy Thursday to you! I couldn't help but start off with that catchy little tune from the My Buddy (an 80's toy) advertisement! Ohhhh and then shortly after My Buddy came out, Kid Sister was also flying off the shelves (and the tune continued to be stuck in our heads)! Can I just say...I LOVE the 80's. I can't help it. Even though those were wild and crazy times (so I've heard), I had a blast growing up in the time of Cabbage Patch Kids, Stirrup leggins, Get in Shape Girl leg warmers, side ponytails, jelly bracelets, Debbie Gibson and Kids Incorporated (because I wasn't allowed to watch MTV when it first started). Good times!

Okay, but my card truly has nothing to do with the 80's...the whole buddy theme had me off on a tangent! :)
My card for you today features Amelia in the new 'Buddies' Oliver and Amelia set, released this month at The Greeting Farm. I just love this stamp! I had a kitty growing up and I cuddled him and carried him around just like little Amelia here.
For the layout of my card, I was inspired by this week's Mojo Monday sketch #133. Fun Fun Fun!

I also decided to go with the Cosmo Cricket papers again...I couldn't help it! You'll see them again tomorrow too for my Farm Fresh Friday card. *grin*

I hope you have a terrific Thursday and I'll see you back here tomorrow! And I'll see you on Saturday too for the Busy Beauties Release!

Deets:
Stamps: The Greeting Farm Oliver & Amelia-Buddies
Paper: Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday, Kiwi Kiss, Bermuda Bay
Ink: Copics
Embies: Dusty Durango Ribbon, Nesties, Paper Piercing Tool, Kaiser Pearl Dots, Cosmo Cricket Button, Pink and Green Thread
Layout: Mojo Monday Sketch 133

13 comments:

Mary Giles said...

Oh how cute is this!!! Yes I do remember all those things! Including snoopy snow cone machines, EZ bake ovens, belts over long shirts, big hair, and bad perms. Love the colors and of course that paper. Fabulous job on the stitching.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Kadie, your card is so so cute! I love the colors you've used nd the fun image. It is awesome!

♥Rach♥ said...

Oh this came out just adorable! Love the colors and papers and the stitching is the perfect touch :0)

Danni said...

I so love the 80's!! Now I'm singing My Buddy! LOL!
Such an adorable card!!

Erika Hayes said...

Good to see a new post. I love the stamp on your card.. TOOO cute. I have a friend that would love that little kitty. Anyway still loving your blog..

Have a blessed day
xoxoxo
e

Sparkplug17 said...

Just darling! You gonna be my kid sister? :)

Amy said...

Awww, this is way too cute Kadie... I love how you colored Amelia and her kitty!
Oh and I'm blaming you for getting that jingle stuck in my head now, LOL! Ya gotta love being a chil of the 80's! ;)

WickedPixie said...

Hi Kadie! This is lovely and adorable! Amelia looks so sweet (and those are some of my fave papers!!) :-)Traci

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh way to CUTE!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

OMG not only is this card amazing-I mean AMAZING but I have to laugh b/c Marie and I were Just talking about all of this and she doesn';t remember get in shape girl-I had the legwarmers too! And that little stick/baton thing w/ the ribbons and the wrist bands..OMG! I am having the BEST 80's flashback-grew up w/ all those things! I might be a *little* mad at you though for putting the My Buddy song in my head... LOL jk...LOVE THIS!!!!!

JUST HAPPY (Kseniya) said...

WOW!Wonderful!

Tasha said...

This is adorable! Such striking colours and fabulous papers and layout. Wow it really is fabulous
love tasha xx

Lorie said...

Heheheh! My kids had one of those "My Buddy" dolls. Too funny! I hadn't thought about them in a long time, and now that song is stuck in my head!!

Your card is adorable as always. Amelia and Oliver. What a great set!!

Love ya,
Lorie