Thursday, April 15, 2010

Using the Sketch Literally


Hello Everyone!
First off I just wanted to say how exciting it is that I'm meeting new people through the blog candy I'm offering. I truly appreciate all the comments and read them all. And while it's harder for me to visit every blog from the Candy drawing, I will try and visit all of you who leave comments on my cards. Thank you SO much!

AND now...for today's card!! It's Friday, so that means it's another Farm Fresh Friday challenge over at The Greeting Farm! Every Friday there is a challenge for customers to play in (and possibly win a prize). Some weeks it's a color challenge, some week's an inspiration or a theme and sometimes, like today, it's a FUN Sketch challenge!!
This week Farmer Mary has provided us with the sketch and if you've been over at the TGF blog already this morning and spied all the DT samples, then you'll notice that I literally USED this sketch! LOL! I just couldn't resist because Mary did such a fabulous job of shading the different elements in beautiful earth tones. I couldn't help but be inspired!
Wild Sprout DeeDee is the featured stamp on my card and my absolute favorite part of her to color is her HAIR! Such fun hair. Her outfit is adorable too! Okay, she's just plain ADORABLE altogether.

I do apologize for the lighting. My good camera is at work and for some reason I have a harder time with the lighting at my house than at work. So for that reason it may be harder to read the sentiment "hugs," which is from the O&A Buddies set (also TGF). There are a few more pics that I've added below. One shows that I layered up the sketch to give it dimension and add the stitching and another is a little bit clearer sentiment. :)

And that's what's going on over here on this FAB Friday!
I hope you all have a GREAT weekend!

20 comments:

Leah l'Orange said...

oooohh, Kadie, she is SO, so cute! i love the muted browns and the distressing. such a simple sketch, making the image the focal point, and it TOTALLY pops! :)

fliki said...

Hi Kadie,

I really like your cards!!! They are so beautiful and I love the papers you use.
How do you get the sitching on the cards? Do you really use a sewing machine - there are so many stiches...wow.
I`ll be back here more offten.

bye
fliki

♥Rach♥ said...

I saw this and I was like, WOW how did she match the papers like the sketch? It looks so cool and I love how you pulled it all together.

Cindy Haffner said...

She is a CUTIE PIE!!

Kim said...

I thought the colors on the sketch were fantastic too and seriously thought of doing the same thing but didn't have the right stuff. Your card is so cute and the pic looks fine!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is FANTASTIC! When you emailed it to me I saved it but didn't really have a chance to look til later-then when I posted FFF, Heather and I were actually on the phone and we both said, OMG, she USED the sketch...I mean, she USED the sketch! LOL! You are SO clever miss Kadie girl-this is GORGEOUS!!!!

Bobbi said...

Such a cute card.

~HappyScrappinMama~ said...

Kadie, this is so cute!!! I just love little miss Dee Dee. Great colors!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

Leanne said...

Great colors! Super cute card!!

ScrappinCntryGrl said...

what a cute card...i luv the stamp you are using for the challange.. she is a doll!

Randi said...

So gorgeous Kadie!!! Love the muted tones! Your little Dee Dee is so beautifully colored and looks absolutely perfect with Mary's sketch background!! Have a wonderful weekend!

Unknown said...

kadie...this is perfection....pure perfection!

Judy McMullen said...

Beautiful rendition of the sketch, Kadie! Love the earht tones, your stitching, ribbon and button not to mention your darling image!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

I love the colors on this card! They are great!

Mary Giles said...

EEEEK! I love how you really used the sketch!!! I'm so flattered that you liked it so much to incorporate it in such a fabulous way. Dee Dee is colored up so sweetly and goes perfect against the earth colored background.

Tindaloo said...

gorgeous card - so perfect colors!

Debbi said...

Great card! I love the stitching (I can never get my stitching to look that good!) and the little tag at the bottom. Love it!
*smiles*
debbi

Lorie said...

Deedee adds such a wonderful pop of color to this card! Beautiful!

Tasha said...

Wow this is awesome! I love that you used the colours from the sketch
love tasha xx