Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Birds of a Feather Flock Together




It is the 15th of the month and that means it's time for another round of Dueling Darlings. Kelly and Jeanette came up the idea for this group four years ago next month, so this is a special challenge and the theme is FOUR. Well, really, the theme is Birds of a Feather, but Four is a main component of this month's challenge.

This month's kit was a cornucopia of goodies and Kelly had many creative ways for us to use it all. First, we were to use 4 of one item (and there was a generous amount to choose from). I chose to use 4 flowers in my tree. The second suggestion was for us to use this awesome piece of burlap. I LOVE burlap on cards and thought it made a great backdrop for my tree. And lastly, we were to use the image we received in a creative way. The image of the tree had several components and as you will see in hopping from Darling to Darling, there are many different ways to use this stamp set.


And here is the inside of my card, using one of the sentiments from the kit.


I think I hit all the points of the challenge. While I haven't been a member of the Duel for all 4 years, I feel so blessed to join in the fun and form the friendships that I have through our love of card making. Thank you so much to Kelly for this kit and for inviting me to be a Diva!!

Lots of love to these Girlies!! Be sure and check out what all of them have created for you!

11 comments:

Larisa said...

Your card is lovely!!!

Barb said...

Kadie--your card was the first of the Diva cards that I saw and now I understand how the top of the tree works--duh on my part!

Cute card and I love the design. I too am glad you are a Darling and I would have guessed you were with us from the start!

MiamiKel said...

GORGEOUS!!! What a delightful card and the whimsical feel this has! I believed I just SWOONED! How bright and vivid and the GREEN just pulled me right in, hard to see your gorgeous mix of the papers (which you are so good at!)

Thanks for being a blessing and part of this wonderful group! ♥

:: BlueInks :: said...

You colored that tree so good! I love the hue of green. You of course incorporated the papers perfectly as well. Great card my Diva friend!

Judy McMullen said...

Hi Kadie! Wow! Another outstanding Kadie card! You are the master at combining patterned papers in an eye pleasing design. And the burlap panel is the perfect background for your beautifully colored tree!! Love the addition of the flowers on the tree as part of the "4 of one kind" element challenge!!!! Oh and the gorgeous colored birds at the foot of the tree are so cleverly and uniquely placed! Your card is superb both inside and out.

Oh, my! What can I say about our friendship? You were the first person to welcome me to SCS, the first swap I ever participated in the and first SCS friend I had the pleasure of meeting in real life! I treasure your friendship and you are always an inspiration to me. I am so very glad that you are part of the DDDs!

Carol W said...

Oh my goodness Kadiebug, I love your card. You always have such a creative take on the kits we get. This is no exception. What a wonderful card. Love it. I am so blessed that you are a part of my life...and even more blessed that you are my friend and I have met you in real life...Sending love and hugs....

dweatter said...

Oh Katie this is just an amazing card. I love the different colored pieces of designer paper and the flowers on the tree. The two birds at the bottom are so cute and your coloring is amazing!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Wow! Wow! WOW!!! Kadie, this card is gorgeous - every single thing about it! I love the two birds sitting under the tree, too!

~Paola~ said...

stunning card, as usual...it is ALWAYS such a treat for the eyes when I get to visit your blog!!♥

Melina said...

Gorgeous! I love how you used the burlap as a backdrop for your image! :)

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

Kadie - this is beautiful! So dimensional! and the use of burlap is fantastic! :)

Much love - LJ