Thursday, May 14, 2015

Deconstructed Sketch Rewind



Hi Friends!
It's Thursday and you know what that means--Deconstructed Sketch time! But this week is extra special because we don't have a new sketch for you, but new versions of some of our favorite sketches from the past 200!
Well, I have to say that it's been an honor to have been there since sketch 1, which made it even harder to choose just one sketch for this week! So, I decided just to grab the first one that came up in my fave past sketches folder. Kinda like and eenie meenie minie moe thing. Cause honestly--I love all the sketches!
So without further adieu, here is a rewind on sketch #54!
I decided not to even peek at my old card until after I'd created my new one. I didn't want it to influence me in any way. And I'm glad I didn't because I think they turned out pretty differently. For my new version, I used this unicorn stamp from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and paired it with papers from Fancy Pants. I used ribbon for the cascade down the middle (instead of torn paper as I did in my original version). And this time I kept the image pretty much inside the circle/square.

And here is my original sketch 54 card from several years ago. What a fun week to go back and reminisce, as well as get to recreate with some of our favorite sketches!

Hope you'll join us!
Arielle
Cresta
Jen
Sheri
Tangii
Tracey

1 comment:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Kadie, these are such fun! I love the multi pieces of ribbon on the first one!