Friday, April 30, 2010

Are You Ready to Rock?


Because it's RELEASE DAY at The Greeting Farm and we've got some awesome new stamps and a ROCKIN' Fun contest for you!!
The TGF blog, as well as the Club Anya & Friends blog have been previewing all the awesome new stamps this past week and they include: The Grandparents Set, Creeper Thursday, Fleur Anya and Cuddle Anya. And today you can get your hands on them! Check out the TGF blog for all the details...and see some more awesome samples.
My Release Day sample for you today is of Dear Old Grandpa from the Grandparents set.
He's so cute; I just want to pinch his cheeks.
I was also inspired by this layout that I kept seeing pop up this week and it is from Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge 66.

In addition to release day samples going on at the TGF blog and new stamps in the store, Club Anya & Friends have a NEW CONTEST UP and you're going to LOVE IT! It's round 2 of the Rockin' Rebel Contest!!! Go check out the blog to see how you can play and while you're there check out the FANTASTIC Rockin' DT Creations!!

I've created one too! The first time The Greeting Farm had the Rockin' Rebel contest, I decided to get "Simply Irresistable" and use Anya and Ian to recreate that legendary Robert Palmer video. Fun times!
This time though, the RR contest couldn't have come at a better time, because I'd already been working on something super fun! Ever since two things happened simultaneously----I saw this Unity "Glee" sentiment on my friend, Catherine's blog (and she was so sweet to let me borrow it!) and I came to the realization that Wild Sprout Ruby looked JUST LIKE the character Emma Pilsbury from the tv show "Glee," it has been my mission to try and create a "Glee" inspired card! And I totally think that show is Rockin,' soooooo I'm posting my creation today, in honor of the Rockin' Rebel contest! I hope you like it! I chose to do Will and Emma, but if anyone can come up with Mercedes and Kurt, I'd be so giddy with ummmm...GLEE!!! LOL!

Okay, enough talk, THANKS for stopping by and I hope you will have a blast playing along with this DT and customer favorite contest!! Have a wonderful May Day!!

11 comments:

Amy said...

OMGosh Kadie, as a fellow Gleek you know I totally think this card rocks! :) Love how you've altered Ruby and Hugh into Emma and Will, what a cute couple! And that sentiment stamp is perfect!

WickedPixie said...

Katie, this is fabulous! You are right - Ruby looks JUST like Emma! Hugh is such a great Will too (although, speaking for Sue, I have to say he doesn't have as much product in his hair! HA!) :-)Traci

Jessica Diedrich said...

These are both so adorable! I'm so sorry I didn't get your email til this a/m :( I would have LOVED to show your card actually I think I will post it tomorrow on the CA blog w/ the winner of the comment contest if you don't mind? It's TOO fab not to share! LOVE them, Kadie!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Kadie, I love both cards but the Grandpa card is just
A D O R A B L E !!! Love the stitching and the way you colored the image. Love everything about it!!!

Catherine said...

Ack!!!! This is soooooo Will & Emma (yes, you've gotten me hooked on Glee! LOL!) Hugh's hair is PERFECT! Love the guitar. What a tremendously fab card! If it wouldn't make your ears bleed, and I literally sing my praises for this awesome creation!
{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}

Catherine said...

Oh, forgot to say how cute gramps looks! Makes me want to pinch his cheeks and feed him jello! teehee!

And I left ya something on my bloggy when you get a chance.
http://paperaddictcatherine.blogspot.com/2010/04/playing-catch-up.html

Love ya!
C-

Mary Giles said...

Kadie both of these are just sooo fabulous! Gramps is sooo sweet looking. I love the papers and the lines around the edge are a great touch. Your Glee card is RoCkIn'!!! All the elemts are perfect as well as your gorgeous coloring.

Unknown said...

cute, cute, cute kadie!

Cindy Haffner said...

SWEET, SWEET SWEET!!

Shaz said...

Awesome ! It totally looks like Will and Emma. Fabulous work.

gobeagirl said...

Hi Kadie! My dd said that Miss Pillsbury has worn an outfit just like this. She knew who they were at once. Great card. I love it. Hugs, Lisa