Thursday, November 14, 2013

Feelin' Masculine



Hi Friends!
I've got another fun card for you using this week's Deconstructed Sketch #127!

I hope you'll play along with us at the Deconstructed Sketch!
Be sure to check out the fabulous creations of the other Deconstructed Sketch Girls!

Judy
Cresta
Joni
Dawn
Arielle
Jen
Kadie
Lori
Sheri
Tracey

And happy 15th of the month! It's time for another duel between the Dueling Darling Divas and Dazzlers!

This month Tami is our hostess for the Divas and she challenged us to use the above tag and create a masculine card. We were also under the instruction to let the tag stand alone and add our own corresponding image and sentiment. Tami sent these super fab papers and gave us a variety of colored tags to match with our manly card.
When I saw the tag, I couldn't help but think of the outdoors, so I went with a fisherman's theme and will tuck this card away from my step-Dad, who looooooves to fish.

We were also encouraged to share a story about a man in our lives and I will share about an instance that happened with my step-Dad last week. My sister and I are both married and have our little families and life gets busy, so we make a point to make time for each other and usually get together once a week. Last week we decided to save some moolah and just meet at our parents' house. Well, our SD, got wind that we were coming over and when we got there he had prepared a feast for us! He was so excited to cook for his girls and we were very touched.

Be sure to check out what all of the Divas and Dazzlers have for you today and THANKS for popping by!

DIVAS
Kelly
Carol
Barb
LJ
Judy
Kadie (me)
Tami

DAZZLERS
Melina
Debbie
Terry
Paola
April
Darlene
Jeanette

12 comments:

Jen Shults said...

EEEK! This is stunning Kadie! I love that little fish hanging off the tag. Seriously stunning masculine card!

April said...

Love the fish....looks like it is coming out of the creek!

Can't wait to hear the deets tomorrow!

Terry Ladwig said...

Wow Kadie...this is a cool card! I love the fish image you added and I LOVE how you colored it!!

Great masculine card and great layout too!

I love it!!

Darlene said...

A fab card, Kadie! Love that stamp set so much, and with the tag it's perfect! That plaid DP is so pretty too.

So glad that you are on board with the Darlings!

Melina said...

Great card! I love the little fish dangling from the tag Tami sent! Great story too :)

Barb said...

Kadie--what a sweet card. I too love how you placed the fish. Cute layout too.

Carol W said...

Oh sweet Kadibug. I love how you used the fish attached to the tag. I also, love the way you used the whole it. The layout and dsp you used...thumbs up and yikes....you stitched around the edge..my stitching would be crazy crooked...Well done my friend. I am so glad we are duelers and friends...♥

MiamiKel said...

Beautiful! What a great take on the sketch and a terrific use of the kit. The fishie is a brilliant and gorgeous addition, fabulous coloring as always! <3

dweatter said...

Fantastic! But then your cards always are. Love the button and fish image coming off the tag. Your SD sounds like a wonderful and sweet guy.

Judy McMullen said...

Hi Kadie!
I'm finally getting around to hoping to all the DDD's blogs...Better late than never!

Super great card you created from Tami's kit! Love the sketch and love how you cut and attached that beautifully colored fish to the tag...So clever!

What a sweet story about your SD fixing you and your sister a special dinner!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! Kadie, I love how you placed the fish on this card.... great masculine card!

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

I love this card Kadie! What a great fishing image!