Sunday, February 18, 2024

First Foil Card



It’s Sunday and I’m back with the card I’ve been stewing over for this week’s Wednesday Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp. The challenge is foil cards and while I’ve long admired this technique and have even had my very own Glimmer hot foil machine for months and months now, I still hadn’t been successful in my attempts at foiling. But thanks to a few helpful hints on YouTube, I gave it another try and here it is, my very first Foil card!

For this card I’ve used the Spellbinders Tulip and Frame sets and attempted to water color it. I have to say, since I’m quite comfortable with my Copics, it’s a real learning curve for me to get the outcome I have in my head using other mediums. I’m also quite the perfectionist, so I’ve sat with this one all week, tweaking and messing with, and doubting it. I’ll get better though, I just need more practice.

Thanks for taking a look! I welcome any hints on how to keep your hot plate from moving and double imprinting after you place your foil, paper and plates and then move it to the press.



1 comment: