Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Sending Love


Hello Again!

I was attempting to wait until Sunday and get in a rhythm of posting a new creation only once a week (for fear of getting going again fast, only to burn out again), but I was just too excited to hold out another day. 🤭 

I created this card a few months ago to send to a dear friend of mine (I never posted it because I wasn’t blogging back then). I think now, being that it’s so close to Valentine’s Day, it’s a great time to post this card. I also see that it fits perfectly to join in the Wednesday ‘Love is in the Air’ challenge over at Simon Says Stamp! Yippee!

This is the first time I’ve succeeded (IMO) in using Tim Holtz distress ink to create a cloud background. Many attempts had been made by myself previously and I scrapped them all. (SMH. I’m my worst critic).

Let’s see if I can recall some other details of the items I’ve used for this card…the stamp is from Colorado Craft Company called, Happy Day, purchased at Simon Says Stamp. The balloons are from MFT and topped with Stickles and heart confetti.

I’ve also started something else in this crafting reboot journey…I’ve been making new creations using only papers from boxes of scraps I’ve held onto. I have loads of fresh, full sized cardstock and patterned paper just calling out to me and yet, I am resolved to making a dent in the scrap paper pile. If I’m not going to do it, I just need to recycle. I have a hard time letting go, to be honest. So this card is made entirely of paper found in my scrap bin.

Thanks for taking a peek! Have a lovely rest of the week!



1 comment:

AndreaH said...

This is great. I love that you admitted the errors of your way with doing the clouds. I'm the same, doubting myself, we shouldn't!! AnywY your card and colouring it perfect. X X