Monday, May 18, 2009

Friendship Month in the Sisterhood


Hi Friends!

My card today is the card that I will be sending in for our monthly "Sisterhood" swap group. This month was hosted by the talented and beautiful, Kelly and the theme is "Friendship Gum." This card was to include an element of surprise, so I included a pouch on the inside. I will fill it with something fun to really surprise my recipients...they'll just have to wait and see!

This is my first stamp from Stamping Bella and when I saw it I knew I had to have it! It reminds me of myself and a long time friend of mine...we're just as cute and fashionable as these two. LOL. Actually it was the hair that got me! :)

Hope you're having a great start to your week! Oh and I wanted to give a special shout out and BIG HUGE congratulations to my dear friend, Sandra!! She is Whipper Snappers Featured Designer!! Check it out!! All her stuff is SO SO AMAZING! Congrats, Dearie!

Deets:
Stamps:
Stamping Bella-HuggyBellas, SU! Kind Thoughts, SU! Absolutely Fabulous-sentiment
Paper: K & Company, Baby Girl, Certainly Celery, Sage Shadow, Coral
Ink: SU! Markers, Black Stazon
Embies: Kaiser Scrapbook Flower, SU! Ribbon, Misc Button, Coral Thread

13 comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

SO sweet! LOVE Bellas! Don't get to play w/ them much but love them! This card is adorable and I love the green/pink color combo. And yes, aren't we always this fashionable? (I say that to you as I'm still in my PJ pants LOL!) Hugs!!

Sandra MacLean said...

Hey look - that's me with the big hair!! Except that stamping bella carries hers sooooo much better than I! LOL This is so cute Kadie! One day I will swap again! LOL

Mary Giles said...

Hehehe...When I saw this I immediately thought Kadie and Sandra with the curly hair. This is sooo sweet. I may have to case the pocket idea. Love the colors on this too. Just because I don't see Kelly here yet...I want one pretty please!

Maria said...

What an awesome friendship card!! I love those Bella images. . .that reminds me, I haven't inked my Bellas for such a long time!! Awesome job on your coloring and I love the pounch on the inside. . .it's a great way to add a gift card or even money!! A friend would definitely love that!!

Maria

MiamiKel said...

DIBBS!!!!! Oh wait, I get to have one, tee hee! This is soo sweet, really - I just love it's soft and sublte look, friendship really is what life is all about! And Im so glad you are mine! :) *Hugs!*
(did I forget to say I can't wait to see these IRL! Yay me!)

Catherine said...

Awww, man! Now I'm super sad about having to pass on June's STC swap! This card is soooooo sweet! Love those Bellas, and your layout is so cool! Love the soft colors, and the inside pocket is such neat idea! Oh, and the little "x" stitches are darling!

Anonymous said...

I love it! It definitely fits the theme - hurrah to the sisterhood!

Danni said...

Wonderful job! Love da bellas!!

Tammy said...

Love it. It's so sweet and warm. A great friend card.

*Susan* said...

Kadie, this card is sweet! It's no secret that I adore Bellas, and I love the color combo you used. I always wanted curly hair, but I'm def the pin-straight hair one! LOL! Oh and I LOVE the stitching details and the button flower center!

Elena said...

Love Bellas! And this card is so adorable! I mean - AWESOME Friendship card!

Lorie said...

Very, very cute, Kadie! I hope I get one!!

Judy McMullen said...

Oh, Kadie, I love this card. I so love this Bella image 'cause it reminds me of all the great friends I have and especially of my great SCS Sistahs! Great take on the May friendship theme. Love, love, love it and hope I get one!!!