Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Scrappin for Nana






Several months ago my friends and I found out that another one of our dear friends was going to become a grandma for the first time and to twins even! So an idea was born. The brilliant Karen came up with a collaborative brag book for our sweet friend. I was excited to get to work on my pages, even though I'm a little rusty in that area. Since I found out how much quicker it is to complete a card project rather than a scrap page, my scrapbook has sat untouched for over a year now. BUT with this project and another one I recently completed, I discovered that making 8x8 scrapbook pages goes a lot faster than 12x12's! Duh, right? I was always trying to get more bang for my buck though (more pictures on a page) and that's why I hadn't gone with the smaller pages before. I think these turned out great though and I'm excited to see them filled with sweet baby pictures! As always, thanks for stopping by! And Congrats again, my dear Michelle!!

14 comments:

WickedPixie said...

Kadie, these are FABULOUS! Your friend is one lucky new Grandma to receive these adorable pages! :-)Traci

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful pages. You sure have a lucky friend.
Michelle

Mary Giles said...

Whoa! These are fabulous. I don't do scrapbook pages very well. I wish I would have taken a picture of mine. Michelle is going to have to bring the scrapbook with here when we do a girls' retreat.

Sandra MacLean said...

Shut up!! These are gorgeous!! They seriously put mine to shame! Wanna know something funny?? We used the same 3D adhesive embellies! Hello Sistah! :D

Randi said...

Kadie these are adorable layouts!! Wow, how sweet of you all!

I love all the little embellishments!! So, so cute! And, there's just something about that color combo.
She's going to love these!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Awwww Kadie these are too sweet! This is so inspiring for me to get scrappin' again...hey, i'm only about a year and a half behind! I know that doesn't SOUND like much to people who are like, years behind, but when you're like me and take 500 pics in one vacation...yikes! LOL! These are just gorgeous!

Catherine said...

Holy carp, woman! These are TDF!!!! Love the colors and all the deets - esp. the page borders.
I'll have to post mine, but they are *blech* in comparison.
There will be drool on your pages for sure...and not from the babies! ;)

Jacilynn said...

soo cute. My scrapbooking has been seriously neglected the past few months, but last weekend I sat and did a few pages and remembered how much I love that. Gorgeous pages

Danni said...

Super duper cute! Wow!

Lorie said...

Awesome, Kadie!! I know Michelle loves them, and I can't wait to see all of the contributions. Yours are really wonderful!! Heck, I'm only 20+ years behind in my scrapbooking! Why didn't someone let me in on this addiction just a little sooner!!???

Elena said...

How sweet! The pages are so beautiful! All of the embellishments are so cute! Your friend will love it!

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! Kadie these pages are fabulous! I can see Michelle now...so overcome with emotion she's got tears in her eyes! These are precious!!!

Anonymous said...

These are truly amazing and even more beautiful in person ~ I'm almost afraid to put pictures on them!

And yes, the tears did leak a bit when I unwrapped my wonderful (and unexpected) gift from my sisters.

Thank you again from the bottom of my heart sweet Kadie and all the sisters :)

Anonymous said...

These pages might just tempt me to get into scrapbooking - they are super awesome!!!