Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A May Dahlia


Hiya!
I'm not sure what the weather is like in your neck of the woods but it is rain rain rainy over here in Seattle. Big surprise, eh? On days like this I just want to snuggle up with a good book or a cuppa tea and a chick flick! Alas, I'm at work. But it's all good.

My card today is the sister card to the Annika card from last week. I used The Greeting Farm's Dahlia and matched her in composition to her Wild Sprout sister. I'm glad so many people said they liked purple, because here's some more for you! :) Have a great day...may there be sunshine even amidst the rain.

Hugs,
Kadie

Deets:
Stamps:
The Greeting Farm, Wild Sprouts Dahlia, Vintage Birds sentiment
Paper: DCWV Latte stack, AC tectured CS
Ink: SU! inks and aquapainter, Black Stazon, Clear Spica
Embies: Nesties, Green Stickles, SU! Ribbon, Magenta Thread, Pearl Drops

17 comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is the CUTEST!!! OMGosh you are ROCKIN' these little Wild Sprouts, and the purple, which I happen to LOVE! Your coloring on her is awesome too! What a beautiful card!

Lisa F said...

SO cute! I love these new stamps! Love your coloring and all the purple!

Tammy said...

Super cute Kadie!
I love her orange hair. I really like how you are able to use dark color schemes for your card.
Very inspiring.

Catherine said...

So cute! I am loving the DP - purple and green are such a fun combo! Digging all the deets you put on her clothes, and just love the layout! You always have the best LOs! Amazing coloring - love how rich you made the flower in her hair look. TDF!
Hugs,
C-

Danni said...

Very cute!!

Anonymous said...

Rainy in Seattle? Who knew?? :) Raining here in CT, too.

Very cute card!

MiamiKel said...

Superbly cute! I have this mat stack too and use it often - it just makes everything zip a little bit more but this just plain screams gorgeous! Lovely coloring!

Sandra MacLean said...

It doesn't rain in Seattle does it?!? hehehe It's been raining here too today. I love how you made her red hair pop off the card like that (with the contrasting colors)! It's perfect! Really draws your eye to the card. Great work Kadie! (((big hugs)))

Ashley Newell said...

Super cute! I love it!

Mary Giles said...

Very cute and love that your doing a purple theme for the sisters. They are very fitting of the Wild Sprouts name. It has been raining since last Friday here and is supposed to continue through this weekend. I'm not even in Seattle!

Janna said...

Oh I love it!!!! so, so cute and the purple and green is amazing!!! That paper is to die for! I am always looking for some good purple ones! Your coloring is stunning and I adore the layout! I know how you feel on those rainly days. That is exactly what I want to do too1

Smile,s
janna

Jacilynn said...

Gorgeous! I love the bright hair color. Great DP. Love this!

Naturliche Body Bliss said...

OOHHH so pretty!

Anonymous said...

I love the purple! It's a truly happy card :)

Elena said...

Very cute!!! I love your Wild Sprouts girls! Your coloring, colors you chose, papers - are FANTASTIC! Really, I love it so much!
Hope the weather is better now!

Melyssa said...

Sweet!! Just an adorable card! I love the wild sprouts!

Lorie said...

I love the surprised look on these little sprouts faces! This is fantastic, Kadie!