Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I Love The Rain


This has got to be one of my favorite stamps of all time and I can't believe I've waited this long to show you a card with her!! Being from Seattle, where it's commonly known to rain a lot, (even if some of that volume is a myth) I have grown up loving cloudy days, the smell of rain on the pavement and in the grass, the sound of the heavy drops on my rooftop...and adorable rain attire!! Okay, I don't have much rain attire but I just love seeing it everywhere, especially those galoshes!

This set is of course from The Greeting Farm, who else? And there are two other beautiful Miss Anyas included...Rain, Snow and Shine (Snow and Shine cards still to come).

Originally I had colored up two skin tones and two hair colors for this card and ended up having a little audition. While I totally love the honey colored hair and the blushing cheeks of the below version, ultimately the pale blondie won out because I wanted to bring out a little of the yellow in the card. There are so many choices in coloring up images! And then there's the papers and the layouts too!! Oi vey! It's always a blast though.

I'll leave you with that and I hope that you have a super day, whether it's rain, snow or shine! Thanks for stopping by!

Deets:
Stamps:
The Greeting Farm, Rain Snow Shine
Paper: American Crafts Backyard Splish PP, Certainly Celery, Kraft, Coral textured
Ink: SU! Markers, Black Stazon
Embies: Misc. Buttons, Nesties, Coral Thread, Paper Piercer

13 comments:

Lorie said...

*Thud* That's my jaw hitting the floor!! The rain boot background couldn't be more perfect, and the colors are gorgeous!! Wonderful!!

Mary Giles said...

I like both girls and that paper is just perfect. Your coloring is just marvelous! I can't wait to see the other girls.

MiamiKel said...

This is the cutest and a lovely one in a series of 3, no doubt! I like the blonde ~ it seems fitting somehow but your coloring brings out ANY image! Check out the matching DP!! So stinkin cute!!

Maria said...

Okay, the boots design on the dp is fantastic. It goes so nicely with the Ms. Anya image as well as the colors!! As always your cards are just so pretty, Kadie!! Honestly, I don't think I could live in Seattle. I love rain but not all the time!!

Maria

Sandra MacLean said...

Where on earth did you find that paper!??!? That's awesome Kadie!! And so is this layout - just fabulous! I concur - the lighter blonde was the better choice to go with on this bright spring shower day! :) It's so amazing to see how far you've pushed your skills in such a short space of time. (((big hugs)))

Javablustamper said...

Hey there Kadie!! I to LOVE both girls!! However, I think I LOVE the background paper even more!! Haha!! It is absolutely PERFECT!! Then again, I am a LITTLE partial to the whole DP thing!! You are SO talented girl!! Hope you are well!!



Take care!
Jacquie/Javablustamper

karen said...

OH Kadie!
This has to be one of my favorite cards by you to date! *i miss the wet coast*. Its so hard to choose which one though - they're all my faves! Okay, you've done your job.. I'm off to the TGF site right now!!

XOXO

WickedPixie said...

Adorable card! Your coloring is so pretty and that background DP is fantastic!

Tammy said...

Love the background paper and of course Rain Miss Anya is colored so wonderfully!

Elena said...

Adorable card! Wow! The DP is perfect!!! Absolutely love the colors!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing use of dp and the image - it fits like a glove! bravo!

Judy McMullen said...

Kadie, love your "rain" girl! I love both images and can see why you used the blonde...both are great! Love the dp and love how the umbrella is out of the box!!!
Being a fellow Washingtonian now living in Arizona I do miss the rain! We had a "Seattle" day the other day cloudy and a steady misty like rain all day. My DH and I loved it!!!

Lagirdam Inc. said...

I love how you described that rainy "feeling" and everything associated with it. I wish I was in Seattle now!